1. I’M WATCHING: Whenever I look at my training schedule and see intervals.
2. I’M READING: Runner’s World. Every time I pick up this magazine or go online I learn something new. Pro, “hobby jogger,” or plain running enthusiast, there is something for everybody. Great article on “high-intensity interval training” (HIIT, or some variation on that general theme), Sprinting for Weight Loss. For me, HIIT was the only way I got my race pace significantly lower.
3. I’M PINNING: Celebrating the start of the Olympics with Enjoy the Process: “The things you learn from sports—setting goals, being part of a team, confidence—that’s invaluable. It’s not about trophies and ribbons. It’s about being on time for practice, accepting challenges and being fearful of the elements.”
4. I’M LISTENING TO: Florence + the MachineSpectrum (Say My Name). Does she have a set of pipes!
5. I’M NOSHING ON: Cucumbers! How unexciting, right? But they are the perfect afternoon snack. Hummus, or balsamic vinegar, or tomatoes, etc. all make this green guy a big hit with me.
Give me a Friday 6, what’s something your diggin this week?