Happy first day of June – to the summah!
1. I’M WATCHING: The buzz build up surrounding the NYC ban on sugary drinks. USA Today has a must read. I must say the “idea” sounds good, but I also believe it’s the people’s choice. This is a big step from the government and the general consensus seems to be that it’s an unwanted one. A few comments catching my eye:
- Coca-Cola issued a statement: “New Yorkers expect and deserve better than this. They can make their own choices.”
- A McDonald’s statement said “public health issues cannot be effectively addressed through a narrowly focused and misguided ban.”
- Samantha Hershkowitz,”What’s the next step?” she says. “Are you going to ban candy in movie theaters?”
2. I’M READING: Snippets from mega Triathlete Chrissie Wellington’s new book, A Life Without Limits. I don’t think you have to be a triathlete to appreciate Chrissie’s dedication and all around domination of Ironmans. I def want to read more, I’d like to understand what the mental state of such an elite athlete is like. Check out what Chrissie says about her book:
3. I’M PINNING: If anybody follows me on Pinterest, I’m sorry. I will probably post about 10 dessert recipes and then 10 workout tips, haha. Moderation people! I went a little overboard this week with my love for Lululemon.
4. I’M LISTENING TO: The Fighter: Gym Class Heroes Featuring Ryan Tedder
5. I’M NOSHING ON: Freezer pops. Remember Otter Pops?? We bought some for the weekend, and holy bring me back to my childhood!
Let’s hear your favorite treat on a hot day?