Happy Halloween! Nothing beats the smell of all the jackolanterns lit on Halloween night. Does everyone have something fabulous planned for this evening? My friends and I always get together and pass out candy to the little trick or treaters. Aren’t they the cutest?!
As I come out of my own candy corn indused coma, no doubt that by this time of the month you’ve seen countless articles on the scary health hazards of Halloween candy. I say, take it all in moderation and enjoy the candyfest. It’s Halloween! For all those who have a sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied, Vitamin G shares their 5 Healthy-ish Halloween Candies.
Those tasty treats making the list include:
- Hershey’s Special Dark: Dark chocolate has the heart-healthy antioxidants.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: Yes! These tiny cups of awesomeness are made with non-hydrogenated oil, better than candies with trans-fats. Plus they are cup-size!
- Junior Mints or Peppermint Patties: Lower in fat than many other choco sweets. I love to put them in the freezer.
- Almond M&Ms: No trans-fats and they have the healthy almond right in the middle.
- Jolly Ranchers: Rumor has it they take longer to eat. Meh, these are my least favorite on the list.
Do you have a candy that should have made the list? I was pulling for Reese’s Pieces or Snickers. What candies can you absolutely not live without on Halloween?